GOODesign is a design studio established in Seoul, Korea by a representative who has been active in product design and 3D CG field for 20 years. As a design company that pursues a reasonable and differentiated digital design, it has always presented a new direction through working with clients such as Hyundai Motor, Siemens Korea and beiersdorf. This time, we have put out the life product for 3D printing by utilizing various technique design based on the shape of the Class-A surface. These products are especially the result of deep research on the 3D printing dominant shape that can not be mass-produced using a mold.
While designing many folding cars, I thought a lot about what would express the new structure as the next step. Then I came up with the idea of implementing a steering system. And I came to the idea of making this steering system easier to see. I thought of an F-1 racing car that was suitable for this, but it was too difficult.
So, choosing a simpler design, I found the Caterham Super 7.
And after trying in various ways, I realized a steering system that does not require assembly!!!
Another challenge is designing the parts to be separated and printed according to the color. Even if there are still few printers capable of multi-color printing, setting is difficult. That's why I designed it so that you can enjoy the result of combining various colors with a printer that prints in one color.
The folding sequence is a bit complicated. Please be sure to refer to the video~
1. Insert the rear wheel into the body.
2. Fit all tires.
3. Connect the tie rod to the opposite wheel.
4. Connect the front body as if wrapping it from the top to the bottom of the steering system. And press it up and down to connect it tightly.
5. Glue the rear wheel cover to the rear body. And connect this rear body to the back of the main frame.
6. Fit the front wheel cover to the hole in the steering system. This front wheel cover serves to securely fix the tie rod.
7. Insert the rest of the parts (head lamp, steering wheel, windshield, muffler, soft top, etc.) to complete.
Size, when all parts are fitted X 68mm, Y 133mm, Z 46mm
Feel free to talk about your product.
Comments that are irrelevant to the topic may be deleted