Orbital launch mount
GOODesign is a design studio established in Seoul, Korea by a representative who has been active in product design and 3D CG field for 20 years. As a design company that pursues a reasonable and differentiated digital design, it has always presented a new direction through working with clients such as Hyundai Motor, Siemens Korea and beiersdorf. This time, we have put out the life product for 3D printing by utilizing various technique design based on the shape of the Class-A surface. These products are especially the result of deep research on the 3D printing dominant shape that can not be mass-produced using a mold.
The launch mount of the super heavy booster was also designed.
The feature of this Launch Pad is that several small legs support the Starship as it unfolds inside the Launch Pad.
To make this structure, we tried a lot of experiments and finally succeeded.
The 20 small legs that support the Booster are lifted slightly and put inside so that they hang over the internal structure and do not fall out.
This launch mount consists of two parts, and three protrusions are inserted. If the connection of these protrusions is weak, it is recommended to use adhesive to connect these two parts.
To put Booster on, first,
1) Slide the 20 small legs in.
2) And after placing the booster at the center, push the lower ring upwards. 3) Slowly push up this ring in several places, and 20 small legs will come down in the direction of the booster in the middle.
4) The 20 small legs should be located between the engine and the booster.
5) When all the small legs come down, it will support the Booster very strongly.
6) Putting a Starship on top of the Booster is enough.
Please check the video for the detailed process.
Building process of Orbital launch mount ➪
Biggest part size X : 137mm, Y : 131mm, Z : 128mm
Feel free to talk about your product.
Comments that are irrelevant to the topic may be deleted